On the 16-day Everest Base Camp Trek we experience astounding mountain views, get glimpses of the life of the world famous mountain climbers (the Sherpas), enter Sagarmatha National Park, a World Heritage Site and tour high-altitude Buddhist monasteries. Trekking to the Everest Base Camp of Nepal also provides us an opportunity to embark on the epic journey that Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay set off on in 1953. Our Sherpa will guide us to the base camp of the world’s tallest mountain, Everest on an adventurous trek package that also includes climbing Kalapathhar to admire the panoramic views of Everest and other Himalayas. Nothing beats the thrill and sense of accomplishment that grips hikers on seeing the power and grace of the mighty mountain up close.
The 16-day Everest Base Camp Trek itinerary is designed for beginner trekkers who are in good health with average physical fitness. The ample distance covered between daily itineraries, alone with the steady gain of altitude and separate rest days ensures that we are properly acclimatized to fully enjoy our trek to the Everest Base Camp. But, if you wish to take up a bigger challenge offered by our agency, Himalayan Glacier and “stay off the beaten path”, then the 18-day Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lakes – 18 Days would be ideal. Another option for experienced trekkers with limited time would be Everest Base Camp Short Trek – 14 Days.
Day 02: Sightseeing tour and trek preparation.
Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,820 m and trek to Phakding 2,640 m – 04 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m – 05 hrs.
Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion.
Day 06: Trek to Thyangboche 3,867 m – 05hrs.
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche 4,260 m – 05hrs.
Day 08: Rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization and excursion.
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche 4,930 m – 05 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Gorakshep 5,170 m and Everest Base Camp 5,334 m and return to Gorakshep – 06 hrs.
Day 11: Hike to Kalapathar5, 545 m trek to Pheriche 4,240m – 05 hrs.
Day 12: Trek to Thyangboche – 05 hrs.
Day 13: Trek to Monjo 2,860m – 06 hrs.
Day 14: Trek back to Lukla – 04 hrs.
Day 15: Fly back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
Day 16: In Kathmandu free day with optional sightseeing tour.
Day 17: Depart Kathmandu for international flight homeward bound.
- All airport pick up and drop by private tourist vehicle.
- 4 nights standard twin sharing accommodation in a star hotel in Kathmandu (breakfast included). You can eat verity food of your choice.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- English-speaking government license-holder tour guide.
- All your standard meals during the trek (breakfasts, lunch and dinners).
- Available standard lodges, guesthouses twin sharing accommodation during the trek (twin sharing).
- Government license-holder English-speaking trekking guide for the entire trek.
- The required number of porters to carry your luggage during the trek (we assign one porter for every two guests).
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Everest National Park permits and TIMS Card (Trekking Information Management System) for trekking.
- Duffel bag by Foot and Shadows Walking holiday (which need to be returned after the trek).
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali restaurant with cultural dance show on second last day.
- All our government taxes, VAT, tourist service charges.
- Temple and monasteries entry fees in Kathmandu and trekking.
- International Airfare.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned above
- Nepal entry visa: You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (You can eat verity food of your choice)
- Travel Insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc.)
- All personal and bar Expenses in Kathmandu and during the trek
- All alcoholic and cold drinks
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for guides and porters
- Single supplement fee USD 350
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control anything not included in service includes column.
- Trekking Bag pack (duffel bag ) This should be a good one with good zipper to withstand rough treatment of baggage from the airlines and the porters)
- Personal soap or tube liquid soap for toilet, washing hands, bath, washing clothes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Sanitary napkins (for women)
- Toilet paper
- Tube of sun lotion (with extra power)
- Extra clothing for cold sensitive: 1 pair long underwear, 1 pair long wool, 1 wool shirt (long sleeved)
- Trekking day bag (not a big one)
- Trekking shoes (these should be waterproof)
- Sports shoes or sandals (camp shoes)
- Trekking stick
- Sun hat or cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Goretex fleece jacket.
- Pullover or warm clothes
- Raincoat or good umbrella
- 4-5 pairs of good quality socks (socks for camp shoes )
- Hand gloves
- 2-3 pairs of trekking trousers (Short pants for hiking )
- 3-4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3-4 pairs of underwear (2 bras for women)
- Water bottle
- Sleeping bag
- Flash or torchlight (extra batteries & bulb )
- Some common medicine likes, Band-Aids, aspirin or Tylenol for headaches or other pain, antihistamine, throat lozenges etc.
- Camera and batteries (battery charger if possible )