Upper Mustang trek offers spectacular trekking into the remote Trans-Himalayan mountain area with Tibetan-influenced culture. The high desert region of the Tibetan influence, Kaligandaki, from the Tibetan border south to Kagbeni, is generally referred to as Upper Mustang. Explore the thousand years of the old monastery, caves, local tribes and scenic beauty of the different landscapes. Make an adventure starting from world’s deepest gorge (Kaligandaki Region) into world’s highest regions of Lo-Manthang Valley.
Day 2: Full day Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 3: Kathmandu to Pokhara [823m/2,700ft] : 6 hours drive or 30 minutes flight.
Day 4: Fly to Jomsom & trek to Kagbeni [2,858/9,375ft] : 3 - 4 hours.
Day 5: Kagbeni to Chele [3050m/10,004ft] : 5 - 6 hours.
Day 6: Chele to Syanbochen [3475m/11,398ft]: 6 - 7 hours.
Day 7: Syanbochen to Ghyami [3520m/ 11,546ft]: 5 - 6 hours.
Day 8: Ghyami to Charang [3500m/11,480ft]: 4 - 5 hours.
Day 9: Charang to Lo-Manthang (3,700m/12,136ft): 5 - 6 hours.
Day 10: Explore Lo-Manthang.
Day 11: Lo-Manthang to Dhakmar [3810,/12,500ft] : 6 - 7 hours.
Day 12: Dhakmar to Ghiling [3806m/12,484ft] : 5 - 6 hours.
Day 13: Ghiling to Chhuksang [3050m/10,004ft] : 5 - 6 hours.
Day 14: Chukksang to Jomsom [2700/8,856ft] : 6 - 7 hours.
Day 15: Fly Jomsom - Pokhara, Rest of the day leisure in Pokhara. Overnight at Fishtail Lodge.
Day 16: Fly Pokhara - Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel Kantipur Temple House.
Day 17: Kathmandu.
Day 18: Departure.
- Airport pick up and drop by private tourist vehicle.
- 4 Nights standard twin sharing accommodation in a star hotel in Kathmandu (breakfast included--you can eat verity food of your choice )
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private tourist vehicle.
- English speaking government license-holder tour guide.
- All your standard meals during the trek (breakfasts, lunches and dinners).
- Available standard Lodges, Guesthouses twin sharing accommodation during the trek (Twin sharing).
- Government licensed holder English speaking trekking guide for the entire trek.
- The required number of porters to carry your luggage during the trek (We assign one porter for every two guests).
- Restricted area permit
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff.
- Airfare from Kathmandu – Lukla – Kathmandu including airport departure tax in Kathmandu and Lukla airport.
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges.
- Temple & Monasteries Entry fees in Kathmandu and trekking.
- International Airfare.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned above, including Nepal entry visa. You can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. (Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days can be obtained by paying US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 90 days can be obtained by paying US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos).
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu (You can eat verity food in your choice)
- Travel Insurance which covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc.)
- All Personal and Bar Expenses in Kathmandu and during the trek.
- All alcoholic and cold drinks.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Tips for guides and porters.
- Single supplement fee USD 350
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control--anything not included in service includes column.
- Trekking Bag pack (Duffel bag ) This should be a good one with good zipper to withstand rough treatment of baggage from the airlines and the porters)
- Personal soap or tube of liquid soap for toilet, washing hands, bath, washing clothes
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Sanitary napkins (for women)
- Toilet paper
- Tube of sun lotion (with extra power)
- Extra clothing for cold sensitive: 1 pair long underwear, 1 pair long wool, 1 wool shirt (long sleeved)
- Trekking day bag (not a big one)
- Trekking shoes (these should be waterproof)
- Sports shoes or sandals (Camp shoes)
- Trekking stick
- Sun hat or cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Goretex/fleece jacket.
- Pullover or warm clothes
- Raincoat or good umbrella
- 4-5 pairs of good qualities socks (socks for camp shoes )
- Hand gloves.
- 2-3 pairs of Trekking trousers(short pants for hiking )
- 3-4 trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear (Bras (for women 2 pairs )
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torchlight (extra batteries & bulb )
- Some common medicine likes, Band-Aids, aspirin or Tylenol for headaches or other pain, antihistamine, Throat lozenges etc.
- Camera and batteries. (Batteries Charger if possible take extra Batteries )